Ruby on Rails
Learning Ruby on Rails at the DaVinci Coders Ruby on Rails Training Program is challenging but rewarding.
Learn Ruby on Rails – Level 1 Certification
INSTRUCTOR: Daniel Stutzman
CLASS SCHEDULE: Details here
Ruby on Rails is the best way for beginners to learn how to build their own web applications and comes with all the advantages of power, agility, and robustness as the top websites on the planet.
What Will I Learn?
Ruby on Rails has proven to be an effective and efficient way to tackle the programming puzzle. This course will use the Ruby on Rails web application framework as a basis for teaching students how to be a competent, well versed software developer. DaVinci Coders Ruby on Rails Training Program students will:
- Write a full-stack web application while learning the fundamentals of computer programing.
- Quickly come up to speed with the process for writing software.
- Finish the class with a working application and real world experience.
Ruby on Rails uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern to effectively separate the user interface from business logic in code. DaVinci Coders will explore this MVC pattern from the top down:
- Controller: This layer acts as a bridge between the user interface and business logic. Web browsers interact with the controller to request components of the user interface in HTML or exchange raw data in a variety of formats including XML and JSON. Controllers also provide the necessary security features to ensure that users can only perform actions to which they are authorized.
- Model: Data storage and business logic make up the model layer. Data is persisted using SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
By comprehending how models and controllers function and interact, students will have a firm grasp of the Ruby on Rails framework.
As students’ progress through the course they will learn how to write and execute automated tests for the code they create. This will provide them with the confidence to know that their application is doing the correct thing even when further experimental code and features are added. Students will be doing this repeatedly as they follow an agile approach to software development, the same process that they will encounter as a professional developer.
Most importantly the DaVinci Coders Ruby on Rails Training Program will focus on solving problems like a seasoned programmer would. By emphasizing the process of thinking like a software developer, students will be able to deal with problems that they haven’t encountered before while still being able to meet deadlines and achieve set goals.